Pilates is a fantastic form of exercise that can be used to supplement your strength training and cardio training when on a weight loss program. The benefits of Pilates with exercise bands are truly endless. While not traditional Pilates equipment, exercise bands, commonly known as resistance bands, has become a popular tool in Pilates workouts. Here are a few as you open your eyes to this wonderful world that is Pilates.
- Improvements in flexibility, strength, joint mobility, coordination balance and alignment.
- Elimination of bad posture by learning to lengthen your spine into its natural state, enabling greater efficiency when walking and general movement.
- Correct alignment means your vital organs will be properly supported and enabling them to function at optimal efficiency.
- Pilates focuses on mind relaxation and will help to reduce stress.
- Releasing endorphins through greater circulation of oxygen to the blood, aiding lymphatic drainage which is responsible for helping you ‘feel great!’
- You will look and feel younger, your skin and hair condition will improve.
- Help to turn fat into muscle through strengthening exercises.
- Help to reduce the onset of Osteoporosis (brittle bones) and even stop it from happening. Those already with Osteoporosis; Pilates can actually reduce the symptoms and with long term use reverse the inevitable.
- Back Pain Relief. This has to do with Postural change and strengthening of the core’ muscles.
Ready to Receive the Benefits of Pilates?
You can get started in the right direction by knowing some Beginner Pilates Positions. On the other hand, having someone talking and showing you through the postures and positions may be also what your looking for.
There are many Pilates workout videos and DVD’s on the market today. However, I think the Pilates resistance band workouts gives an added “umph” to get toned even quicker with the band.
Purchase this DVD from Amazon.com
The 10 Minute Solution: Slim and Sculpt Pilates DVD is perfect for the new comer to Pilates. With 5 different workout segments targeting all areas of the body including the upper and lower plus the favorite mid section! You also get a 6 foot Pilates resistance band to use with this DVD.
As you enjoy all the benefits Pilates band exercises has ensure you continue to keep your eyes wide open to the many possibilites that will come your way.
- Using Free Weights And Bands: Resistance Bands And Functional Training
- Tips For An Effective Resistance Band Training Program
- Strength Training Is Not Just For Competitive Bodybuilders
- Stretching Exercises Using Resistance Bands to Increase Flexibility
- Stay Fit While Traveling With These Travel Workouts